Joining the Team
Cognitive Psychologist / User Researcher
29th Drive is looking for a cognitive psychologist with experience in software interaction design and user research to help design large, high profile web sites and apps.
This is a full time gig. We’ll work with big names like Microsoft, Sonos, University of Washington, Online Resources, Vulcan and Universal Records. On occasion we’ll also work with smaller, locally owned businesses and start ups. In all cases we’ll design creative and custom web sites and applications tailored to the needs of our clients and their users.
We’ve been in business for 15 years, previously based in Seattle, WA working with many of the tech startups and tech companies in the Nortwhest. We’re now in Scottsdale, AZ with an amazing team of 8. We also built and run a design presentation web app www.moreblu.com and a UX Sketch Kit called www.inkwell.io.
If you’re not in AZ, we’re looking only for people that may want to move to AZ within 3 to 6 months of contracting to be a full time employee.
Compensation / incentives
- Possible bonuses
- Competitive salary / rates
- Un-corporate, but big, smart projects
- Scottsdale Quarter location adjacent and above the Apple store
- Learn marketable skills on high profile projects
- Work with friendly, cooperative teammates that love what they do
Qualifications we’re looking for
- Relentless cheerleader for the user
- Degree in a relevant field of study—usability engineering, human centered design, cognitive psychology
- Prior professional consulting experience
- Understanding of usability theory, methods, and practice
- Experience with formal (lab) research as well as agile methods is a plus
- Must graciously accept critical feedback—be in it to learn and grow
- Solid foundation in HCI principles
- No ego, thorough but concise communicator, detail orientated
- Rapid prototyping is a plus
- Familiar working with design and dev teams a plus
- Experience defining design strategy is a plus
- Experience scoping consulting projects is a plus
Kind of work needed
- Software usability research (web, mobile, desktop)
- Lead remote and in person ethnographic research, findings, synthesis, and strategy that connects research to design output
- Business and design process creation—e.g. working on 29th Drive as well as for 29th Drive
- Mental models, contextual analysis, persona development, heuristic reviews, etc.
- Creation of findings reports for design staff and customers
How To Apply
- Send us an email with your ASCI resume and portfolio link
- If not already shown in your portfolio list your involvement with each project in your portfolio. Don’t sleep on this step.
- Send links to the two favorite project you created and briefly explain why they’re your fav.