Joining the Team
Front End Developer
29th Drive is looking for someone that dreams CSS3 and who loves nothing more than taking a 120-layer Photoshop file and turning it into fast, clean, poetic airtight front end code.
This is a 30 to 40 hour per week contract-to full time employment gig.
Who is 29th Drive?
29th Drive is a fast-growing service company collectively and intensely focused on UX design, software development and strategic planning in the digital space. We’re not an “agency.” We’ve been digital only since day one and do not subscribe to the old print and ad agency models. We cut our teeth in Seattle working with many of the tech startups and internet companies in the Northwest. We’re now in Scottsdale, AZ at Scottsdale Quarter adjacent and above the Apple store. Our customers are located all over the U.S. and range from Fortune 25 companies to small, privately-held businesses and lots of others in between.
- Slice PSDs into CSS or HTML that’s then handed off to back end development
- Create semantic, clean and modular CSS structures
- Optimization, optimization, optimization… of CSS, HTML & images
- Cross browser CSS knowledge
- Debug advanced CSS issues on large systems and CMSs
- Expert HTML/HTML5 and CSS/CSS3 skills
- Advanced sprite experience
- WCAG knowledge
- Some SEO knowledge
- Some design sensibilities are needed
- Responsive Design slice experience
- Advanced SEO knowledge
How to Apply for a Job with 29th Drive?
- Send a brief email resume and portfolio link to Kevin (kevin at our domain name d*t com
- If not already shown in your portfolio list your involvement with each project in your portfolio. Don’t sleep on this step.
- Send links to your two favorite web sites and briefly explain why they’re your fav.
Compensation / Incentives
- Possible bonuses
- Competitive salary / rates
- Un-corporate, but big, smart projects
- Scottsdale Quarter office adjacent and above the Apple store
- Learn marketable skills on high profile projects
- Work with friendly, cooperative teammates that love what they do