Joining the Team
UX / UI Designer
29th Drive is looking for UX / UI designers to help design large, high profile web sites and apps.
This is a full time gig. We’ll work with big names like Microsoft, Sonos, University of Washington, Online Resources, Vulcan and Universal Records. On occasion we’ll also work with smaller, locally owned businesses and start ups. In all cases we’ll design creative and custom web sites and applications tailored to the needs of our clients and their users.
We’ve been in business for 15 years, previously based on Seattle, WA working with many of the tech startups and tech companies in the Nortwhest. We’re now in Scottsdale, AZ with an amazing team of 10. We also built and run a design presentation web app www.moreblu.com.
If you’re not in AZ, we’re looking only for people that may want to move to AZ within 3 to 6 months of contracting to be a full time employee.
Compensation / incentives
- Possible bonuses
- Competitive salary / rates
- Un-corporate, but big, smart projects
- Scottsdale Quarter office adjacent and above the Apple store
- Learn marketable skills on high profile projects
- Work with friendly, cooperative teammates that love what they do
UX / UI designer needed
- Relentless cheerleader for the user
- 5+ years web and interactive design experience
- Expert level with design tools (Photoshop, Omnigraffle, HTML, et al.)
- Must graciously accept critical feedback—be in it to learn and grow
- Solid foundation in UX principles
- Loves studying and resolving software usability issues
- Wire framing maestro
- Deep understanding of semantic HTML
- No ego, thorough but concise communicator, detail orientated
- Web Standards Only. Flash designers need not apply.
- Rapid prototyping is a plus
- Familiar working with PHP or ASP.net dev teams a plus
- Enterprise site experience is a plus
- Experience defining design strategy is a plus
- Experience scoping design projects is a plus
How To Apply
- Send us an email with your ASCI resume and portfolio link
- If not already shown in your portfolio list your involvement with each project in your portfolio. Don’t sleep on this step.
- Send links to the two favorite sites you created and briefly explain why they’re your fav.